If you like roasted veggies and typically cook them in the oven or on the grill, wait until you taste the difference! Using this brick oven recipe, you’ll never want them prepared any other way. The super-high temperature used for this recipe optimizes the flavor, sealing in moisture and adding a slight crispy texture to the exterior of each vegetable.
- Red, Green, Orange and Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 Small Spanish Onion
- 1 Zucchini
- 8 Small Portabella Mushrooms
- Olive Oil and Sea Salt
- Fire up your oven to 700°F – use an infrared temperature gun to check temp when ready.
- Cut vegetables to desired size and thickness and place in vented grill pan with a drip pan underneath. Drizzle olive oil over vegetables and add sea salt to taste.
- Place in middle of hearth. Roast veggies for 5-10 minutes. Make sure to stir from time to time while cooking; watch closely to avoid burning. Cooking times will vary per desired crispiness.
NOTE: When cooking with oil, marinades and sauces, always use a griddle, skillet or drip pan.